My Games, My Opinions.



We <3 Katamari+Xbox 360


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Bet you never thought those words would be in the same title. Today I am planning on going to my local EBX to reserve my Xbox 360 and picking up We "Heart" Katamari, the latter of which is bound to be interesting. As a supposedly mature gamer, I was expecting this to be a Gamecube game. I mean, look at the colors, the cheerful music, the simple gameplay...it's got Nintendo written all over it. Only recently I realized it was for PS2. Now, I don't personally own a PS2, my sister does, so I just steal it temporarily. But I digress...

I have been wanting to play Katamari Damacy for a long time, but never got to because it slipped under my radar (which is primarily set for XBox and Gamecube recently). Now, with We Love Katamari, I will get to play the *supposedly* better version.

Skip this section if you already know what Katamari Damacy is about.
The gameplay for Katamari Damacy is quite simple. Push a big Katamari around, slowly gaining size by picking things up such as books and pencils, until you're big enough to pick up people, buildings, trees, and the like. Once you get it to a certain size (say, 30 M) in the time limit, you beat the level. These are just the basics however, as I have not played the game. Hopefully We Love Katamari will be something with great replay value, as I will be showing it to friends and family and all my high neighbors.

Onto the Xbox 360. I expect that, in order to preorder it, I will have to put $40 down (10% of the price). Now for everyone out there that is getting the Core Version of the system:

GET THE FULL BEEFED-UP MEDIA SYSTEM! I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH!

It comes with this: A 20GB harddrive, wireless controller, headset, and remote. Here's what you get with the Core System: One wired controller.

Let me repeat that.

One WIRED controller and the system.

"But I don't need a 20 GB harddrive, I already have a headset, and the wireless controller and remote is overrated!"
WRONG! If you want to be able to rip all the videos and music and pictures from your computer and still have space left over for downloadable content, you need the 20 GB. If you want to be able to take a crap while playing the game, you need the wireless controller. And the remote speaks for itself.
So if you need to work overtime at RadioShack to get the Media system, do that. That way, you won't be the only one on the block without one.

---TheChosen


0 Responses to “We <3 Katamari+Xbox 360”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm The Chosen
  • From Santa Barbara, California, United States
  • I can see you there, behind that tree. You're not fooling anyone.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links